Thursday, March 18, 2010

Java Posse Roundup 2010 - Day 3

Wow - that was a hoot. So the three sessions this morning were fun, and a small departure for me (even one on business matters for session 2). We covered higher level concerns - definitely back to a bunch of nuts and bolts tomorrow (including a git/svn/mercurial etc. comparison and a session on increasing acceptance of functional languages).

In the afternoon I headed out with Jackie for some more cross country skiing - one of the intermediate trails (I fell down a couple of times, but I also got down some hills pretty well and even figured out how to turn the direction I wanted - I don't think I will be competing in the winter Olympics any time soon. We did find a mostly snow covered disc golf course on our travels though, so if I come out in the summer I will be bringing my discs.

We just got back from the recording of Java Posse episode 300 which was a ton of fun (I was worried it was too long, but people say that the time flew by). That episode will be up in the next day or so, in fact tomorrow afternoon I am planning on demonstrating the full process of mixing, editing and publishing a podcast for anyone interested.

No comments: